WHY CHOOSE BLACKBUSHE AVIATION?
1. Location. We are located near London, a few miles from the M3, ideally placed to get to from anywhere in the South East or the West.
2. 1335m of tarmac! We have a long tarmac runway with PAPIs and lighting maximising flying days
3. Small but perfectly formed. Alison and Steve Morley run the organisation. Steve is CFI and head of training and Alison runs the business delivering high quality training in a friendly, professional environment
4. Steady hand on the tiller. Our ops team have been with us for a long time and have a reputation for friendliness and professional work
5. Bespoke training. We deliver training in a way that suits you, the customer. We have a wide range of aircraft and instructors.
6. Online booking and records. Our system is fully paperless from the booking system to the flight logging and student records. You can book, check your hours and review your training from any device, anywhere.
7. Transparency of price. All our courses are a fixed price with no hidden extras; so that if you complete the course within the required hours you will have nothing else to pay.
8. Instructors in the know. We teach the flying instructor course and many of our instructors were taught by us. Our newest instructor started here as a PPL student 2 years ago! This means there is good continuity of instruction.
9. Wide range of instructor experience. We have a wide range of instructors in terms of age and experience. Many instructors have been with us for many years. What they share is our ethos that whatever training you do here it has to be fun.
10. Job opportunities. We teach UK part FCL licences. There are more than 65 airlines operating out of the UK so plenty of employment opportunities for when the airline market improves. We think this gives students a clear career pathway in the UK meaning that medicals, licences and all training is all UK based.
CLUB OWNERS STEVE AND ALISON MORLEY
Club Owner, Chief Flying Instructor, Head of Training, Examiner I have been flying since 1999 having started late but was very quickly hooked. It became my dream to own and run Blackbushe Aviation having been an instructor here for a number of years. I bought the club in November 2013 with my wife, Alison. We are very proud that we continue to grow the business year on year. We own 10 aircraft and have access to many others. We are equally proud of maintaining the friendly, open atmosphere that welcomes everyone from hobby PPLs to those wanting to fly for a career. Our students’ ages range from 13 to 74. We are now able to offer CPL, Multi IR and FI instruction as well as PPL. I instruct for CPL, Instructor, PPL, LAPL, IR, IMC and night and am an examiner for PPL, LAPL and IMC. I am inspired by the large number of students who have gone on from here to fly commercially. However for me, sending someone on their first ever solo can never be bettered!
Club Owner, Operations Director, Safety Manager Somehow Steve persuaded me to buy a flying school (!) and I have quickly become passionate about the business. We offer high quality training whilst keeping the essence of what we set out to achieve; which is everyone enjoying their time here, whether an occasional student studying for their PPL or our students who are here full time on our modular courses. My role at the club is to ensure its smooth running, guiding all our students through their training and that Steve flies as much as possible! My favourite moments are watching how our students, young and old alike, grow and develop during their time with us.
Operations Manager Kirsty is our operations manager and brings her vast knowledge of customer service to the Blackbushe Team. Next time you are passing by come and introduce yourself!
Chris started his PPL with us back in 2020, and is now part of our Operations Team. A friendly part of the team, he is nearing the end of his PPL, and looking forward to lots of flying in the future!
Harry joined the Operations Team in July 2022, he is a keen pilot and is currently doing his IMC with us. He has a big welcoming smile and is always happy to help with any questions or queries and is a friendly member of the team. Harry organises our club Flyouts, the latest one where the whole fleet made it to Bruges for lunch in October.
Instructor, PPL, LAPL, Night, IRr & Full IR, CPL and MEP. Ground examiner Stuart is one of our full time instructors. He won a scholarship to complete his Flying Instructor course with us a couple of years ago and he says this is his dream job. Stu is a very popular instructor and our ‘go to’ man for help with PPL exams. Stu is the one on the left!
Instructor, PPL, LAPL Will is one of our unrestricted instructors. He currently flies for a commercial airline out of Gatwick and teaches PPL, LAPL, SEP Class Ratings and IR on his days off.
Adam started his PPL with us in 2019, and is now one of our most popular instructors. Adam teaches PPL, LAPL, Night, IRr & Full IR, CPL, MEP & MEIR and Aerobatics!
Gaelen teaches PPL, LAPL & IRr. With his FIS experience from working in the Blackbushe Tower, he is a favourite of our PPL students.
Instructor CPL, PPL, IR(r) LAPL and aerobatics Rob, the one on the left, primarily teaches CPL and IR. However as an ex RAF Tornado pilot he is an aerobtatics nut and never happier than when he is teaching an aerobatics course.
Instructor and Examiner CPL, PPL, LAPL, IR, IR(R) ,multi Steve teaches and examines PPL, LAPL, and IR(R). He also teaches CPL, Multi and IR. He is a current commercial pilot who instructs and examines with us part time.
Instructor PPL LAPL, Historic aircraft pilot and all round good chap Julian is one of our newer instructors. In his own words:- “I teach as there’s no better way of sharing the pleasure and sheer joy of flying. It’s an immense privilege to introduce each new person to the wonder of flight, and to help them succeed at becoming a pilot. Whether the huge grin after the very first solo, or the sense of immense satisfaction, and relief, of passing the pilots course and gaining a PPL, why would anyone not want to be an instructor? There is no typical student, everyone is different, and that makes Blackbushe Aviation a special place and reflects the attitude of Ali and Steve to ensure that our school appeals to the widest range of future pilots. Does that sound like you…? “
Instructor PPL, LAPL After finding his way to Marrakesh in a Piper Arrow (which he claims was intentional) Alastair teaches PPL and LAPL.
Instructor, aerobatic instructor and examiner Steve has been instructing at Blackbushe Aviation from before it was called Blackbushe Aviation! He teaches and examines PPL IR(R) and aerobatics and loves turning people upside down.
Examiner, sky god Professor Mike Bagshaw, or plain Mike, as we call him, is a past instructor and now examiner with a vast and varied aviation history. Mike has been a test pilot, medical examiner and instructor/examiner and has flown every conceivable aircraft one could imagine.
SEP CRI Chris has been a long time member with us and has just completed his SEP CRI. He can instruct for those of you who hold a licence and would like training in an SEP aircraft.
Man must rise above the Earth – to the top of the atmosphere and beyond – for only thus will he fully understand the world in which he lives.