This privacy notice applies to personal information processed by Blackbushe Aviation.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time by updating this page in order to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices. We encourage you to check this privacy notice for changes whenever you visit our website.
2. What kinds of personal information about you do we process?
Personal information that we process in connection with Blackbushe Aviation, products and services, if relevant, includes:
• Full Name
• Contact information including email address
• Demographic information such as postcode
• Licence details and Aviation medical type and expiry date
• Other information relevant to customer surveys to include annual members questionnaire and/or offers
3. What is the source?
We collect personal information from the following sources:
Directly from you, when you apply for any of the following:
- Blackbushe Aviation Membership
- Blackbushe Aviation trial flights
- Third party trial flights
All of the above information is collected via various methods including our website over the telephone, filling out physical forms or via the post.
4. What do we use your personal data for?
We use your personal data, including any of the personal data listed in section 2 above, for the following purposes:
- Blackbushe Aviation Memberships subscription
- Updating your Membership records
- Promoting seminars and fly outs
- Keeping members updated with events and developments – e.g. newsletters
- Promoting products directly linked to Blackbushe Aviation and flying
- Advertising jobs, aircraft etc directly linked to Blackbushe Aviation
- Other marketing directly linked to Blackbushe Aviation and flying
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations, requirements and guidance
5. What are the grounds for the processing of your personal information?
Where it is needed, to provide you with our products or services.
6. When do we share your personal information with other organisations?
We will not share your personal information with other organisations unless you either give your express consent or you are already on their database – eg Third party flight experiences.
7. How and when can you withdraw your consent?
Where we’re relying upon your consent to process personal data, you can withdraw this at any time by contacting us using the details below.
8. Is your personal information transferred outside the UK?
We’re based in the UK, and your data is not transferred to anywhere outside of the UK.
9. What should you do if your personal information changes?
You should tell us so that we can update our records by email or telephone. We’ll then update your records.
10. Do you have to provide your personal information to us?
We’re unable to provide you with our products or services if you do not provide certain information to us.
11. For how long is your personal information retained by us?
Unless we explain otherwise to you, we’ll hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
For as long as we have reasonable business needs, such as managing your membership with you and managing our operations, and then for a period of 5 years from the end of your membership in line with the rules for keeping student records.
12. What are your rights under data protection laws?
Here is a list of the rights that all individuals have under data protection laws. They don’t apply in all circumstances. If you wish to use any of them, we’ll explain at that time if they are engaged or not. The right of data portability is only relevant from May 25th 2018.
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- The right to object to processing of your personal information
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”)
- The right to request access to your personal information.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws: https://ico.org.uk/ (link is external). You can contact us using the details below.
13. Your right to object
You have the right to object to certain purposes for processing, in particular to data processed for direct marketing purposes and to data processed for certain reasons based on our legitimate interests. You can contact us by email or telephone to exercise these rights.
13. Contact Us
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, or if you wish to exercise your rights, you can contact us by email or telephone. Alternatively, you can come in to the club at Blackbushe Airport, Camberley Surrey GU17 9LB